Manduca baby carrier was an essential for our travels with babies! As well as child backpack carrier for older kids. We decided to get one of them mainly because of our travels. We do like to hike and go on walks which are not suitable for a stroller and that brought us to start researching about baby carriers.
After lot of research we decided to go for Manduca baby carrier and at the end we used it not only for our travels and trips in places not suitable for a pram but everywhere really.
It’s comfortable for the wearer as well as for baby. It’s safe and healthy for the baby as well!
Once you get the hang of it is easy to put on and off. You have free hands!! Wherever you go baby goes with you. It’s made of organic cotton which was important for us as well too because we care about sustainable, healthy, clean, eco-friendly living.
There is lot of reasons why we love this baby carrier and I will dive into it in a bit, there were some cons as well and I will tell you about those too! The main thing we needed to be sure of is that it’s healthy for the baby, of course! So here is a little about that!
Manduca baby carrier is safe for baby’s hips and spine!
It is very important that a carrier holds your baby in the right position. There is two main features – baby should be sitting in so called “M position” and baby’s spine should be held in the “C” curve.
- baby’s bottom is lower than baby’s legs which are spread more than 90 degrees. This position is good for healthy development of the hip socket.
- baby’s spine needs to be held in this curve. If it’s hold in a more upright position it can lead to spinal problems.
- Manduca baby carrier can be used for newborns from 3.5kgs all the way for children up to 20kgs
- For newborns there is an integrated infant seat insert
- For toddlers it includes and integrated back extension
- Integrated head and neck support
- Option of a front carry, hip carry or back carry
- Is adjustable to fit most people no matter what size
- Three-point release hip belt buckle for extra security
- Inner material is 100% organic cotton
- Outer material 55%hemp and 45% organic cotton
- Some types of Manduca baby carriers are made with 100% organic cotton!
- Can be machine washed by 30 degrees
PROs and CONs of Manduca baby carrier
- Built in infant seat means that you only need one carrier for newborn all the way up to toddler (we preferedkids backpack carrier for longer distance walks when kids were older as there is storage space as well)
- 100% cotton and healthy positioning for you baby!
- When you carry your child in front you still can carry a backpack with anything else you need for your baby (nappies, food, snack for yourself etc)
- Free hands! – your child is very well-supported so you have your hands free to hold or carry anything else. If you have another older child it’s especially convenient. You can do any home work as well while holding your baby 😉
- Small when packed so you can easily take it with you anywhere
- It’s not the easiest to put it on with your baby. But once you get the hold of it, it’s fine – just needs a bit of practice
- On a hot day I was feeling that baby was getting too hot in it as well – therefore I would recommend going for lighter colors
We used to use our Manduca baby carrier on a daily basis. I keep myself busy no matter if I am at home or out an about. When I was at home and was cooking, doing some home works or kept myself busy with anything else, I could always have my babies in my baby carrier in the same time too as I had my hand free. Vacuuming was great as that gives out white noise in the same time too which helps babies to fell asleep when they struggle.
Shopping was much easier as well. Instead of taking baby capsule from the car out, carrying it to the shop and back. Or taking a stroller where there was no space to put the shopping in. Having my baby in the baby carrier was easy, baby slept through and I still had free hand for carrying a shopping basket.
Wherever we went, we always had out baby carrier in the car. We never knew when we stop and where we will go. Having it on hand was always super helpful.
Traveling with Manduca Baby Carrier
Traveling abroad was sooo much easier as well. At the airport, there is always so many people everywhere and having your baby in the carrier, having free hands for carry-on luggage, passports and anything else you need to carry and deal with is super helpful.
We took it on the plane as well! And that was the best thing we have done. Babies often have troubles to sleep on the plane and that happened to us too. We were then able to walk through the isles and we found that to be the easiest way how to get our baby to sleep. Again – we had free hands to support ourselves while walking, to have a drink, even go to the toilet, have some food – anything!
So in our opinion, when traveling on a plane with a baby, then baby carrier is a must have!
Couple of words to sum it up
The main thing about a baby carrier is in my opinion that its positiong your baby right!
There are obviously other baby carriers than Manduca which have this positiong all right as well – for example Ergobaby. I have tried couple other baby carriers but unfortunately cannot remember what brands. I didn’t like any other than Manduca myself. Ergobaby has really good reviews as well but I haven’t tried that one myself.
If I was about to buy a new baby carrier again I would certainly go for the same one – Manduca baby carrier. I can’t imagine not having it when our children where little!
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us through the comment box below