When you have children you often hear from people that your traveling time is over. At least for some time. That you can’t be able to do this and that.
But we never let having children stop us in doing stuff we like. Yes, we might have not done as many trips anymore, we might have not done all the sports all the time as we would be without children. But that wasn’t because we weren’t able to anymore. Only because we suddenly had different priorities.
We still kept traveling and getting out and about often! We have been camping with both children since they were little babies, they both have flown by plane before their 1st birthday. I’m not saying it is always easy but it is definitely worth it!
We don’t do everything what we used to and just carry them with us. We are actually showing them our love for traveling and outdoors, we are showing them our love for nature and how we need to take care of it. We are enjoying it with them together! That way it becomes their way of living too. Their passion!
There were lot of products on the way which made our activities easier. I can’t even imagine our traveling without a baby carrier and our Deuter Kid Comfort carrier.
For a Baby carrier we used Manduca Baby Carrier. Probably up until they could confidently sit on their own and started showing interest in all the surrounding stuff.
Deuter Kid Comfort Features
Deuter kid comfort carrier became our best friend and we were taking it on all our adventures with us! No matter if it was a short walk or a full-day hike, camping or a plane flight. Here is why we like it so much!
- It has got an adjustable back system so it fits anyone no matter how high you are
- Aircontact air cushions which allow great ventilation
- Backpack sits close to the wearer which sets child’s wight close to the wearer
- Shoulder straps are padded
- Its hip belt is super comfortable and flexible so it follows your moves
- Chest straps which stabilize the backpack on the shoulders
- Load adjustment straps to adapt the backpacks’s center of gravity
- Firm and comfy seat
- Padded cabin covered with breathable fabric
- Removable face rest (so you can easily wash it) for a comfortable nap of your child. It’s angeled so their head is supported
- Integrated sun roof
- Side access allows kids to jump in their seat independently
- 5 Point harness (It takes time to get used to it, but at the end of the day it’s all about safety!)
- JPMA approved
- Fold out kick stand which makes the life easy when you want to put your backpack down and your child is sleeping
- Sturdy frame construction
- Maximum carrying capacity is 22kg
- Built in compartment to hold a 3 liter camel bag with a pre-cut slit to run your hose
- Flexible foot rests for your child
- Lot of storage (7 different pockets and one cargo space under child’s seat which fits 18l)
- Rear-view mirror in the hip belt pocket so you can have a look on your child while carrying them
- purchase extra rain cover or foot rests
Deuter Kid Comfort for the hikes
Hiking is super easy with this backpack carrier. There is lot of storage for everything you need – water, food, diapers. It has 7 side pockets to fit your phone, camera, kids toys so they can reach them as well. And one big pocket under child’s seat where we had always stuff we don’t need to reach while walking.
Since the kids can walk we never carry them the whole way. But when they got tired they could jump in and have a rest or even a nap.
The child’s seat is positioned quite high comparing to other carriers so the kids can actually see properly over your shoulders and can enjoy the view as well!
Deuter Kid Comfort on the plane
Instead of a stroller we have been using our backpack carrier for the flight. I find it easier to carry the kids on my back and have free hands for carry-on luggage, handling passports etc. You can keep it all the way to the entrance to the plane as well as you would a stroller. There you leave it and it will be ready for you on the same place when you land and leave the plane.
You cannot carry it with you into the plane as it is bigger than the carry-on luggage allowance is.
There is lot of other kids backpack carriers on the market and in the couple of years since we purchased our Deuter Kid Comfort there is lot of new ones too.
We have done a big research before we purchased ours! It might be slightly heavier than others but all in all it is an amazing product which we highly recommend. The kids loved it and we did too!!
Buy Deuter backpack carrier in New Zealand: Click here